Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Sallie Gardner Effect: Top 5 Breakups… Not Mine, Of Rob Gordon

Issue # 5
High Fidelity (2000) Review
by ManicallyDepressed




After 2012 and Being John Malkovich, I am reviewing another John Cusack movie. So, am I now starting to have an affinity to John Cusack? Yes, after I watched High Fidelity.



In a nutshell, High Fidelity is fun. It is not necessarily jam-packed with hard laughs, but definitely entertaining all throughout. Having a simple, yet original plot, it capitalizes more on its smart and highly likable characters. I found John Cusack’s character very appealing and natural. It is also good to see Jack Black’s School-of-Rock-like character hitting all the high notes of comedy in this movie. Iben Hjejle’s character will simply make you fall in love with her. It’s just too bad we don’t get to see more of the hilarious Tim Robbins. High Fidelity also features very broad and rich music content, both on its story and soundtrack, which will surely catch the attention of music connoisseurs.

I didn’t intend to review three John Cusack movies in a row. I didn’t even notice until I was started writing this review. I promise not to have John Cusack on my next movie review. Gross Pointe Blank sounds good for my next review. Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment